Monday, September 20, 2010

Flower Soft Hedgehog

Happy Tuesday to you all …
For today’s post (and it’s a long one) I decided to do something a little different than my usual cards … I found a wonderful lady who showed me how to use Flower Soft on projects so you’ll be seeing a few images I used that fun technique on in the near future… I LOVE learning new things although my checkbook usually takes a hit  when I do (sorry Jay), but it makes me happy to figure out how to make something fresh with the stamps & supplies I already have. So see that’s kind of like saving money…  Now there’s a woman’s logic for you !!!P1010606
This little image was already colored & all we had to do was add the Flower Soft. Simple easy little application & it totally changed the whole look of the little Hedgehogs & the leaves. Gonna be using this for future projects. I can just see it on my little Tilda’s flower baskets & the tiny flowers in some images I have. Can’t wait to give them a try … P1010597
I punched all the extra leaves that I added to the card as embellishments & then stickled some & curled others … I colored a few with my Copics using  YG95, YR23 & YR16 … The “Happy Autumn” sentiment is from Paper Trey Ink … P1010595
The image is from Flower Soft & is called Hedgerow Friends.
Here’s a close up of the leaves … I think I like it !!!
P1010598
Don’t know where I got this sentiment stamp but it’s been in my stash for a looong time …. This began as a regular card but I decided to turn it into an easel & then had to search my brain for that one piece of DP that had leaves on it that I KNEW I had in my craft room … If any of you saw my craft room paper supply you’d know why this was a MAJOR feat ..  I have a LOT of paper !!! But I was determined & although it’s been a year since I needed paper with fall leaves I found it & did the happy dance !!! One day I’m going to master the Digi papers then I won’t have that problem. I can just go to a digi paper site & purchase a piece of the exact color & print I want & I will have it instantly … right Sharon & Bev ? You gals always SAY how easy it is but although I’ve downloaded a few digi stamps I just can’t figure out the paper thing. I’m not giving up tho !!! Those 2 ladies make the most AMAZING cards with digi papers. What am I saying, they make the most AMAZING cards PERIOD !!! P1010600
I used a Martha Stewart fence punch for a little extra & the punch at the bottom is an EK Sucess punch called Scalloped Scallops that Mary over at Cardz TV uses on so many of her cards. So of course I HAD to have one … The Happy Thanksgiving sentiment is cut out with a Spellbinders die & popped up on foam tape that I buy at WalMart in the hardware section … Mary told me about that too .. It’s much cheaper than the same roll you buy in the craft department … Now figure that one out … P1010555
Believe it or not my mailbox is in there SOMEWHERE … I have a very nice postman & he just reaches thru the leaves to deliver my mail .. These sunflowers are about 8 feet tall …P1010608
P1010610 Sorry for the long post but since it’s fall & these things won’t be here much longer I just want to add a couple of pictures of things I love in my yard … We wait all year for things to bloom & be beautiful & then before we know it it freezes & they’re gone …
Ok enough rambling for today. Thanks for stopping by & letting me chat. If you have time I’d love it if you’d leave a little comment to let me know you were here  …
Hugs, Janie

53 comments:

  1. WAUW Beautiful!
    Have a nice day, Ageeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb card ! love it !
    have a great day,
    greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful card and I love those sunflowers :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very cute card and I just love the leaves!
    And your view and garen, wow!
    Here in the Netherlands fall is on its way too, we are going to have a very grey day...

    Enjoy yours, Marjan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh Janie, this card is really really stunning!
    Hugs nicolet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woww gorgeous card Janie! Love what you did with the flowersoft. And what a stunning garden!!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janie,
    The flow of soft these hedgehogs are really looks great. What a beautiful car in autumn colours with a fantastic image. Gorgeous work.
    Hugs,
    Fiona X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love it! You have mastered the flower soft technique!
    The punched flowers just finish it off perfectly.
    Thanks for sharing
    Lisa ;)
    Ps love your garden .. and i use the DIY tape too lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw what a beautiful creation, really love it !
    And great shots !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janie: Your fall card is the most beautiful coloring I have ever seen. I hope I get to see it in person soon!
    Your the best at whatever you do.

    Hugs,

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card. The coloring is amazing.
    I love it!!

    Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, Janie!!! This card is soooo beautiful!!! I love your use of flowersoft. It adds so much to those adorable little hedgies and to the leaves also! Gorgeous coloring, gorgeous design, and gorgeous card! I love it!! And you are such a sweetheart! Thanks so much for all the kind words. Love ya, ladybug!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. oops! Forgot to say I love the pics of your yard! Thanks for sharing! :)
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, Janie and I love the pictures of your garden too.
    Have a nice day.
    grts Susie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore this card! The Flower Soft gives this such wonderful dimension!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Janie; Thank you for your sweet comment!
    Your card is sooo beautiful! All that Flower Soft makes me want to get some - such a fabulous touch!
    Oh, and I loooove your front yard!
    Much love,
    Michaela ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow what a cute card,i love the use of flower soft. xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. hiya how do i become a follower of your blog,i can't see the " become a follower" button ! xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Janie,
    Thank you for visiting my blog, you even became a follower, smile (-: So I 'hopped' to your blog and saw this amazing things you make. Wonderfull! So I am your new follower (-:

    ReplyDelete
  20. Janie, this is fabulous! Love those hedgies and how you added the Flower Soft to them. Beautiful layout as well and the leaf embellies are perfect. Really am enjoying your beautiful creations and will be following your blog. Thank you also for your very kind words on my blog. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG!!!
    I have no words...I love it so mutch!!

    Hugs from me:))

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your little hedgehog card. It sure does add a lot of dimension, when you use Flower Soft. It turned out gorgeous.

    I love your front yard and those amazing sunflowers. I enjoyed your "rambling"...lololol

    ReplyDelete
  23. Janie! Janie! Janie! Ooooohhhh, I love this card with the hedgehog that you have so beautifully colored and added those wonderful Flower Soft! OMGosh, Janie, this is gorgeous! You did a fantastic job! Don't give this card away now! Frame it as your first Flower Soft autumn card! Love, love, love, how you did this! Have a wonderful weekend and go out and buy more colors! LOL! Just kidding! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing........you are just so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Here I go again! Just wanted to say your cards are beautiful. I enjoyed the pic's of your yard even though I can see them in person. Love your coloring and your flowers - keep up the great work! Ruth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Janie, what a lovely blog you have here, your cards are so inspirational that I decided to follow too and thank you for your your lovely comment on my card, it's so appreciated. The flower punch is a Martha Stewart and had got that one from Joanna Sheen.. sorry, sometimes I just forget to add these things. Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi,
    Thank you for your nice comment on my blog. I've never met you, but I just finished watching your works and I'm thrilled. I will visit you more often.
    Excuse my bad English.
    Nice weekend
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Janie, thank you so much for becoming one of my followers, I thought Id pop across and visit yours in return, wow what a gorgeous card glad you like the flowersoft things they are a really lovely thing to play with, I use the white one for snow.
    You do live in a beautiful home, love the garden and the sunflowers they are huge. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx
    You will have to find a computer savi person to give you some lessons on downloading and sizing your digi papers and images.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my this is such a gorgeous card!
    So love how you have used that flower soft amazing!
    Love your gorgeous garden too those sunflowers are incredible!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a cutiest little hedgehog and amazing card!

    Hugs, Sande

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Janie

    Wow, this is a fabulous idea, I really love the flower soft hedgehog!

    I have never used flower soft but I am inspired now to give it a go.

    I have created a new weekly linky party on my blog "Make It Monday" and I would love it if you would link up this gorgeous card.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your blog ist very nice - I love the art of your cardmaking.

    Your coloration ist very brilliance.

    Greetings from Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is a beautiful card, love the texture and adorable image!!!

    Love garden!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You have made a very beautiful card.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and now being a follower.

    x Esther

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a wonderful card!!
    The colors and details are fab, and the image is so adorable!!
    Hugs from Maya

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Janie!
    The poinsettia die from this card is from Marianne Design - Crea Tables. There are 3 different dies. The big ones are LR0122 and LR0121 and the small one is LR0142.
    The big once are circa 6 and 7cm and the small once are circa 3 and 3,5cm.
    Think you should find them if you search for "Marianne Design LR..."

    Like your card also very much! I love it how you put the hedgehog with the flowersoft in action!
    Hugs, Alex

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Janie, Wow what a fabulous card. Never thought to use the flowersoft for the animals. Great fall colours and like the pictures of your garden.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fabulous card Janie! love the hedgies all fluffy! Beautiful home and yard too!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  39. What an adorable card! I've been looking through your blog and all of your cards are amazing!
    I love using flower soft! The first few times was a disaster though! Yours turned out awesome!

    Someday I'll learn how to color images, and put together cute cards!!

    *hugs*
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Janie,
    it's Célien from Passionnement cartes. i love your card and is so fun how you used the flower soft!
    you are welcome on our blog
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Janie,
    Isn't it great when you find something wonderful & new to inspire you afresh. In your case it's the flowersoft, in mine it's your fabulous blog, full of amazing cards & stunning creations! Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. You're going straight in my side bar. I don't want to miss another thing! BTW, I adore this card, it's beautiful & I'm so envious of your home, it looks fantastic!
    Big Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. wow, this is beautiful, so love the flower soft, looks amazing! hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Super cute card Janie! LOVE that little hedgie & all the texture you've given him! Thanks for showing the inside as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Janie!
    This card is realy cute!
    Everything looks great with the flowersoft :)
    So beautiful!
    Hugs Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks for visiting my blog,i really love your cards they are great.
    And your garden is so so beautiful.

    Grtzz Marjon

    ReplyDelete
  46. This card is adorable. The way you used the flower soft is just amazing. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am so happy to have found yours, you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Fabulous card, those hedgies look so cute! Thank you for visitng my blog and the lovely comment you let.
    Sarah xx :0)

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a nice card, the hedgehogs come to live through de use of flowersoft.
    Hope my englisch is understandable, it is translated through a site on my computer.

    Groetjes, Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  49. Adorable card i looove it...your sunflowers are amazing everything is dying now in the uk the autumn leaves are everywhere...so glad you like my digis
    luv
    linniex

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hi me again Janie,
    Just to answer your question the butterflies are magnolia. Hope this helps.
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  51. oh so fun! I have had some FS since last year and have yet to break into it! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hi Janie - just love your card and those Autumn colours.....


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi Miss Janie! Yay! Found your blog again! 8-) this Card is just tooo darned Adorable! I love cute little hedgehogs and all things Fall... Love your use of flower soft here. Just Sooo Adorable!

    Hugs!
    Shannon8-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day by leaving a comment ...
Hugs, Janie