Saturday, October 2, 2010

Special Moments

Happy Saturday my friends…  First I’d like to say thank you to some special ladies who’ve been a great help to me in the last few days. Pam is always so kind to answer any questions I have … It ALWAYS costs me money because my questions are mostly “WHERE DID YOU GET THAT” ???  She tells me & then my checkbook takes another hit !!! She can’t help it if she makes the cutest cards & I just HAVE to have what she has … Which then makes my friends here want to have it … We’re just helping the economy, right girls !!! Then there’s Patti Jo, she makes the most beautiful paper flowers & was kind enough to not only tell me how to make them she also sent me a card with those beautiful flowers on it so I could see them up close … Also included the same paper & some little sticks used for curling the paper petals so I could make my own .. So please check out the wonderful blogs these ladies have & you’ll be glad you did. I have several more amazing ladies to thank but will do that on my next post.
Today I’ve made a simple Anniversary card using only black & white ….

P1010695
I used a Spellbinders Lotus die on the front & again on the inside for the sentiment … When I cut it out the negative was so pretty I decided to use it for the opposite side … I made several flowers from  punches & attached to the centers of the die.
P1010693
I took a picture outside so you could see how I embossed the front with my wonderful Scor-Buddy … Love that handy little tool.
P1010686
No coloring on this just simple basic black & white …
 P1010700
Supplies used :
Black & white cardstock from Stampin Up
DP is Diecuts with a view
Punches, Nellie Snellen & EK Success flowers
Spellbinders Lotus die
Cuttlebug for embossed black flower
Front sentiment is from Great Impressions & Happy Anniversary is from PTI …
Thanks for stopping by & if you like leave a comment so I’ll know you were here …

32 comments:

  1. Wow, very pretty, Janie. What an elegant card. Black and white always go together perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card. I love that spellbinder's die.. What a pretty way to make your score lines.. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very nice, and elegant also. I love the positive and negative use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your kind words and realization moment of your Magnolia Addiction over at the Steel Magnolia blog! We love to have visitors that share their stories of successes, heartaches and Edwin with pigtails!! lol Pls do stop by frequently! We'd love to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow,this is beautiful.
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your card is so fantastic. I love the color-combo black-white so much.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have made a fantastic card!
    Greetings Nicolet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely superb :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janie,
    This is gorgeous. It's so elegant & sophisticated, yet so simple in it's design. You blame Pam for making you spend money, I think I might be blamimg you soon! Top of my list are the Nellie Snellen flower punches. Dear Santa...
    Big Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janie, thats a really lovely mono card, love the way youve layered up the front and the embossing is fabulous. With love and hugs Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Janie,
    This is simply gorgeous. So elegant and perfect for the occassion.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Janie - your card is stunning! Love the clean and simple lines, and the black and white combo. The embossing makes a perfect background too.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janie I just love this card! So elegant! Have never tried a black and white combo but now I will!

    Blessings,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  14. A special, but very pretty card !
    sunny greetings from belgium
    martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Janie - love the monochrome look
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is beautiful. Great job. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is truly elegant,gorious and stunning all wrapped up in one. The basic black and white and your die cut made it all come together for an outstanding card that anyone would love to receive....Love ya, Ruth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Janie, Wow this is beautiful! I love the elegant B&W and the wonderful flower. The dotted dp is so perfect for the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card Grandma! I love all the black and white, and that flower turned out amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another gorgeous card mom.! You keep coming up with these sylish, gorgeous designs and pretty soon you'll be asked to be a designer for some of these craft companies you're supporting. :) I love you lady.!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Woww gorgeous card Janie! Looks fantastic!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful card Janie.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous Janie! Awesome photos too! I thoroughly enjoy sharing w/a kindred spirit stamper! Oh, if we only had room for everything there is out there anymore!!! Isn't it amazing! And now we order from Europe so much, all because of the internet! So FUN! Thanks for sharing Janie!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another absolutely stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Janie,
    This is really a very elegant card. Georgeous, also the stamps, beautiful font!

    ReplyDelete
  26. HI Janie - what a stunning card simply elegant haven't seen this beautiful die before so just might have to buy it!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Janie
    love your cards & your blog. Huge congrats on winning Bev's blog candy.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so elegant Janie, I love the way you have embossed it, adds that extra something.
    xx Mau

    ReplyDelete
  29. OH wow, an amazing card, Janie! I love the simplicity, yet impact you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my Janie, this is a gorgeous, elegant card. Can never go wrong with black and white. Love how you used the negative part also. This truly is simply elegant! Thanks for sharing your beautiful projects! Hugs from Hawaii, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  31. Incredible! Absolutely gorgeous!!!
    Sandy Dehon

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey Janie,

    This card is amazingly elegant and pretty... Love the colours and the flower in the centre is so very eye catching. The I side is as pretty as the outside and the sentiment so befitting!

    Thanks for becoming my follower - I am so honored to have you aboard.

    Xxx
    Monica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day by leaving a comment ...
Hugs, Janie