Monday, July 11, 2011

Making a Scene with my Stamp-a-ma-jig

 

P1020504

P1020510

I’ve been out of town for several months & am not sure I even remember how to post something. I guess it’s time to get back to doing what I love !!! This is a little long but I’ve missed being here & missed hearing from so many of you. Is anyone else having a problem with blogger. My list of followers is here one day & then gone for a week … I NEED to see the sweet faces of my friends …

P1020538

Once I got home I ran across the Stamp-a-ma-jig I’ve had for several years & never could figure out what to do with. I saw a post on Pam Spark’s wonderful blog where she mentioned she used that little tool soooooo thought I’d give it a try. Still not getting it !!! I e-mailed Pam & said ok why do you make this sound so easy when it’s so tough for me … She sent me a great little tutorial for using it & for masking which I ALSO had never tried.  I watched her tutorial (check it out) & started playing with my little tool & I was hooked !!! Thanks Pam … Oh my goodness I started actually creating a scene by being able to position rocks & grass next to a fence … I stamped deer next to that & even put ducks near some cattails on another. I’m HOOKED !!!  I feel like a rocket scientist after mastering these amazing tools. I also tried masking an image & was so impressed when I made Tilda sit on a fence for the 1st time. Then I opened my package of goodies I’d won from Jacque & in it was this great dandelion background.

 

P1020558

The rocks are another little stamp that I use often for a little added touch as are the tufts of grass.  Decided to stamp the Fairy Tilda & using the Stamp-a-ma-jig I was able to sit her on top of the stem of my background image. Thanks Jacque … Not sure she’s

P1020537too sturdy up there but she looks cute … If she’s been eating like me she won’t be able to sit there for long … Got my card finished for this post & an e-mail popped up for a challenge called “Make a Scene … Guess it was destiny cuz I had just done that … So this is my take on it … 

Woops, just found out I can’t enter my card in the Making a Scene challenge cuz it also needs to be dimensional. Maybe next time …

Tried out Bev’s cloud template & it works great …It’s been so long since I colored I had to get my cheat sheet out to see what color do her skin & hair. Also tried out a couple of Prisma pencils, Olive & Light Umber to get a little extra shading. Have to work on that some more …

P1020556

Used these Copic markers & the color you can’t see is C4… The butterflies are Cheery Lynn dies … LOVE them & they cut like a dream … On the inside of my card (as I did on the front) I used a little spray of flowers from WOC’s .

P1020560

All papers are from Stampin Up & that sweet sentiment is one I found on Nichole’s blog … now that lady has some gorgeous cards & was so kind to ship me some of her sentiments I raved so much about & tell me where to find others I HAD to have. Check out her amazing cards & you’re in for a treat.

I’m out of breath from all this talking !!! Glad to be back & thanks to all who checked in with me while I was away.

Hugs, Janie

35 comments:

  1. Wow Janie~
    Your card rocks ~ luv it.... the colors are perfect choice for your card... Congrats on the goodies you received.. also luv that sentiment for your card.... gorgeous & top shape....
    have a great day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. I have missed you. What a wonderful card. I see you haven't lost your touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure doesn't look to me like you've lost your touch! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, gorgeous card with wonderful colours.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Janie .. love this little scene - so pretty .. and how lovely to see you back
    Lisa
    ps my new blog can be found at -http://mymakesnme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Janie!!!!
    I was already wondering if you were still around in our "blogland" but hey here you are with such a lovely creation!!!!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home my friend and lovely to see you back blogging again,
    Such a lovely card and so much detail in it and beautifully coloured.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow janie, this is gorgeous, what a great scenery.
    beautiful stamping and coloring.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is totally stunning. So beautifully coloured and pieced together. That sentiment is so lovely.
    20% discount over at Rainbow Studio's!!
    Take care
    Rachel and Angela
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janie. Gorgeous card. Love the colours and the scene is really beautiful. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back, chickie!! So happy to see you've returned home and are enjoying some crafting time! Your card is gorgeous. I've been wanting to get one of these ever since I saw Pam's tutorial on it. Now you've just reinforced the want. LOL! Gorgeous scene you've created, Janie! She's the perfect image to sit on top of the dandelion!! Beautiful papers and design! You have certainly not lost a thing being gone for the past months! I love everything about it!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Janie, welcome back in blogland. You made a gorgeous card and love, love that sentiment.
    Hugs, Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  13. do you believe in magic?!!! lol Stamping magic that is! LOVE how it turned out Janie! Fabulous stamping and coloring! I'm sure every time you look at her you break out in the biggest smile ever! : ) So glad you're lovin' this! I can't stamp w/out the crazy thing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow.......A menage a trois of deer. Slightly kinky but innovative none the less. Bravo, my little dark haired vixen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, gorgeous coloring and I love the colors and pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So maybe the third times a charm and my comment will actually POST!! Mom I LOVE what you do, love the color combos you come up with but even more than that I'm so very proud of you for making such beautiful cards and samples for your friend. Just like quilting......samples SELL product.!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome back Janie !
    And what a gorgeous creation !
    Love the coloring, so beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mom, I love reading all the comments posted by your followers. It's great seeing all the wonderful things they have to say and it makes me smile. I'm so glad you're back home and getting back into your crafting. We've missed you! This is a beautiful card and I love the way she's just perched up on there on that dandelion. You are very talented and I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice to see you here, Janie.
    Thank you for sharing this gorgeous card with us. You still have the spirit (-:
    Greetings from a rainy Holland,
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Hunnie,
    What a gorgeous card, just love the flower spray, and the colouring in is gorgeous. Welcome back. You sound so excited, think I will go and make a card myself now, your enthusiasm is rubbing off LOL!!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. My goodnes, you may not post often but when you post it is a masterpiece. I don't know where to start...lets see I'll start with the fantastic coloring, the wonderful images and all the detail, the perfect sentiment and the all the added touches to make it perfect. Love it and so glad you are back...you were gone much to long! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMGosh Janie, how did I miss this GORGEOUS card of yours? Here I've been waiting for you to post and I'm several days late! You did such a beautiful job on this with so many techniques, great job! I still haven't tried stamping clouds or masking yet but you've inspired me to give it a try too. Beautiful coloring and layout Janie, welcome back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Welcome back. Love the card and beautiful image and techniques.

    hugs
    Elly P
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  24. First about blogger, go to your Dashboard and in the lower right-hand side click on Google Reader. It will take it a second to load. Look and see how many unread posts it says. Click on mark all as read at the top of your right-hand column. Let me know, but I bet your followers come back. I have had several tell me it worked for them. It worked for me too.

    What a totally stunning card for Tilda! Beautiful colors, a butterfly for her company, and a beautiful sentiment to share inside!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I thought this was beautiful when I saw your blog, but in real life it is a masterpiece. I am going to frame it and hang it on my wall in my craft room.....Janie you should be published in a magazine....your work is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Janie, what a gorgeous creation and beautiful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Welcome home and welcome back to blogland Janie! I've missed you SO much. And look at you, you haven't lost your touch for creating such a beautiful card. Your masking is gorgeous and I LOVE the scene you created here! WOW! Hmmm, I think I need to get that dandelion stamp. Your cloud background is lovely and so soft. Everything is done to perfection!
    Big Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card! Glad you are having so much fun and success with your Stamp-a-ma-jig! I love the way your clouds turned out. Your pockets are so cute too! Nice to see you post again!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wowzers Miss Janie! This is just Gorgeous! Love your Sweet image and Fabulous coloring. Wonderful clouds too! So glad you are back! You sure haven't lost your touch Lady! Love it! 8-)


    Hugs
    SHannon

    ReplyDelete
  30. I see I have lots of catching up to do! Oh my, you have been creating lots of wonderful things! Love this card too with the adorable Tilda! I really like how you've added the flowers to this design! So much wonderful creativity Janie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, this is fabulous! Love the design, embellishments and papers you used! Hugs, Karen

    P.S. If you have time to stop by, I'm giving away some blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Janie,thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog.I am also glad to find out your blog,your cards are so gorgeous and unique!
    Dora
    x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey Janie... Just went through all of your blog posts and these cards are truly beautiful. I color with oil pencils and Tim Holtz markers. Never mastered the art of the copics. I envy that. The coloring is so soft and lifelike. I'm like some of the others... you haven't lost your touch!

    Beautiful work!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day by leaving a comment ...
Hugs, Janie