Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Tilda Tote

 

I WISH I could say I made this, but my sweet friend Ruth Ann created this adorable “Tilda” tote for me when she heard I was going to New Mexico when my granddaughter Ashley has her baby. I wanted a bag to pack a few stamped images & some of my Copics in so I had something to do while we’re waiting on the baby to make his entrance into this world. Looks like the time is close so I’m flying there tomorrow & hope to make it before she has him. My daughter left today & is already there so she will get to meet him right away as this is her 1st grandchild & she is QUITE anxious to hold him … It would be great if they wait for me tomorrow but for Ashley’s sake I hope she has him ASAP as I know it’s been a long 9 months. Isn’t this bag too SWEET !!!

 P1030239

Ruth Ann did a wonderful job on this gorgeous little bag & I am thrilled to have it. It has a beautifully colored Tilda on it & I love the wonderful spring fabrics she used. It has plenty of nice sized pockets to hold a lot of Copics & images. I’m hoping to get a lot of them finished so I can make cards when I get back home & have some cute things to post. I did get one colored & you can see her popping her head out holding that little balloon.  

P1030238

It is the perfect size & it’s so darn cute I’m tempted to put it in a plastic bag so it doesn’t get dirty on the plane. But since I want to show it off I’ll just try to be extra careful … 

P1030246

There’s room in here for many things including my Ipad which I’m carrying in there;

P1030242

Once again, Ruth Ann you know how much this meant to me the day you gave it to me at the shop. A girl never had a better friend … Thanks from the bottom of my heart. Since I love it so much I told my daughter, Bridgette who has a quilt shop that I would LOVE to have a 2nd one in fall colors. She assured me if I would ONLY color her a Tilda to use she would gladly make me one. How did I EVER get so lucky !!! Great friends AND great family !!!

Hugs, Janie

27 comments:

  1. Oh, Janie that bag is to die for. I know how excited you must be to welcome that new little one into the world. Have a wonderful trip and do let us know (and maybe a picture)? when the wee one makes his entrance! hugs patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janie what a fantastic gift and I can imagine your joy when Ruth Ann gave it to you, i kniow this is something you will always treasure.
    Have a great trip and I will look forward to seeing some photographs when you get back.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is the most gorgeous bag I've ever seen!!!! I'm so jealous!!!!

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fabulous !! HUgs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me wish I had a friend like Ruth Ann as this is the type of gift I would love as well and would treasure for ever! After saying that though, I am thrilled for you Janie. Enjoy your trip, the newborn and this lovely bag. Blessings, Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Janie, you lucky girl. This bag is just so gorgeous. Can imagine you love this and what a great friend you have.
    Enjoy your trip and most of all, enjoy the newborn.
    Hugs, Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS!!! You're a lucky lady Janie!!!!!

    Hugs Irene

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job in showing off your bag! By the looks of things you have it well stocked with your important supplies for playing with when you aren't holding your new Great Grandson once he arrives. Have a wonderful trip!!! Thanks for all the wonderful things you said it means so much that you like your bag.
    hugs, Ruth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this on Ruth Ann's blog and knew you'd be bonkers over it! How wonderful!! You're a very lucky lady to have such a talented and dear friend! Have a safe trip and can't wait to hear all about the new little one!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janie. This is a wonderful bag. I'm tempted to have I tried doing something like this. Lily Anuska

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, your Tilda bag is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow that is stunning - you are lucky - love it
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You lucky girl! This is GORGEOUS (well, I don't think that word even does it justice). I tell ya, that Ruth Ann is one INCREDIBLY talented woman...you just gotta love her!! Oops, getting some drool on my keyboard, better get back to reality!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back you have surpassed yourself with this one ....what a stunning creation I wish I had one of these you are so talented Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bag Ruth Ann made for you, so pretty and just adorable! I'm sure you're holding your precious great grandson by now and you're just bursting with pride and joy! Congratulations to you and your family Janie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet gift. Love how she made it with the Tild images. A very nice friend indeed. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Janie this bag is adorable.....what a good friend you have! Waiting to here about the new addition to your family....is he here yet?

    Blessings,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your bag. Good friends are the best in the world.
    Hugs from titti

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful bag, what a lovly friend you have,
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful bag Janie and a very talented and wonderful friend you have.

    Hugs
    Judex

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looking forward to seeing baby photos and lucky you,this bag is amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just sensational!! Ruth Ann is indeed a very talented lady - I just came here through her blog and I am blown away! You have some fab creations Janie, but what wouldn't I give to own a bag like this, you lucky gal! :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous bag Janie and so useful! How did she colour on fabric?
    In regard to your question on my blog I used Y0000 and Y000, thanks for your lovely comments Janie xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful gift, so kind, and very useful for all your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow...you lucky girl! this is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fantastic bag, you truly are one lucky lady.
    I have been browseing around your wonderful blog and i have had the best time,i hope you dont mind but i am following you now i could not resist such a beautiful place so i will be back as often as i can :)
    Hugzz Val xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful Tote. It really holds a lot. What a wonderful gift!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day by leaving a comment ...
Hugs, Janie