Thursday, December 13, 2012

Gold Snowflake Hanglar

 

Once again it’s been too long in between posts but I’ve finally colored a few images & this little Hanglar was just too cute to leave sitting … Guess it’s time to turn them into cards instead of just adorning my tables with them. I think I’ve forgotten how to use my Copics & post something but will do my best …

P1050188

After seeing some wonderful cards that Tammi made using these large snowflakes I finally found some & used a gold one topped off with some glittery ribbon, a pair of bells & a little gold thread. Maybe a bit too much gold but hey, “It’s almost Christmas” so thought I would bling it up a little.

P1050190

Here’s a close up of this little girl holding a piece of the snowflake she “accidently broke off.

P1050182

The inside is decorated with papers from the same pack as the front.

Supplies used :

Designer papers ": My Minds Eye  & Stampin Up Vanilla & Cherry Cobbler

Memory Box “Frostyville Border”

Cheery Lynn Doily for the sentiment.

Bells & ribbon from Jo Ann’s

Colored with Copics

Glenda, one sweet lady that I follow, who by the way makes the most wonderful paper flowers has a great philosophy … She says take a moment for yourself & “Breathe” …

We all get caught up in our busy lives with things we think we HAVE to do … But sometimes taking a few moments just for YOU to “Breathe” makes life seem a little less hectic & a lot more enjoyable … Maybe we should all try that especially this time of year.  I am the WORST at putting things off & saying I’ll do it later but right now I just took a deep breath & it felt really good …

Thanks for stopping by & hope you have a crafty kind of day & Ruth Ann I hope you are taking a moment to “breathe”… She’s my wonderful friend who makes beautiful cards, quilts & is always encouraging me to get busy & use some of the many card supplies I keep buying & hoarding ….

And a HUGE thank you to my beautiful daughters who have the busiest lives of anyone I know & can still find time to walk & go to the gym & clean their houses, take care of their children, work full time PLUS find time to make quilts & decorate their houses for the holidays & plan trips for their children & remodel a house & become a Captain in the Air Force & ALWAYS be a shoulder to lean on … Ladies, I hope you take a moment to “Breathe” & know I love you to the Moon & Back”.

Hugs, Janie & Mom

32 comments:

  1. Janie this is so beautiful the image is coloured so beautifully and the layout is gorgeous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janie..lovely to see you back in blog land....what a beautiful card and such a sweet image which you have coloured beautifully and love how you have layer your card out....

    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable image, and such a gorgeous card. :) hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely not too much. The snowflake is stunning and love the sweet little girl. Papers are also gorgeous.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good advice and some I took today, just relaxed and read a book! :) Janie your card is GORGEOUS!! I really wanted to use that image this year, but didn't get to it...love the card with her and all the gold!! Great idea with the broken part of the snowflake too! ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janie this is adorable! I love the gold, I think it is perfect, not too much nor too little and your coloring is wonderful. I hope you and your family have a great Xmas and a happy and healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello lovely lady and how nice to see you here! I was beginning to think you'd run away with the local Sheriff Ha!
    Life is busy and sometimes it's hard to fit everything in, BUT it is lovely to see you and your gorgeous card.
    I love the gold and no it's not too much at all (if you can't have glitz and bling at Christmas then when can you??)

    Have a lovely Christmas and a very Happy New Year

    Big hugs
    Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, well my friend I must say this card was worth waiting for! It's beautiful and you did a marvelous job putting it together. I must say you haven't lost your touch at all. Love this cute image and the gold snowflake is fabulous along with the gold ribbon. Everything just goes together prefectly. I will try and take the time to "Breathe" then maybe I can get everything done that I need too. Thanks for thinking of me and may your Christmas be one to remember.....miss you. Guess I need to get back to posting cards again.
    hugs and more hugs, Ruth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back Janie and what a card you have come back with. This is gorgeous. Love all that gold and beautiful design and layout. Perfect
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Friggin' fantastic!!! Girl this card is out of this world gorgeous. I can definitely say without any hesitation you have NOT forgotten how to use your copics. Love it!!! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. very beautiful card Janie.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Janie! This is truly BEAUTIFUL! I love your paper and this design!!! Gorgeous!!!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janie,
    I always get so excited to see your cards. You have such an elegant style and your coloring is beautiful. I love every detail on your card. I hope you are having a wonderful winter. Merry Christmas dear friend...hugs patty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is a really stunning card. Love the colours and all the deatils xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Janie, yes, it has been a long time between posts. Your card is absolutely gorgeous. Love your coloring and all the special details.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the best mom ever! Thanks for always being there, for being such an amazing role model, and most importantly for being my best friend! I love YOU to the moon and back!!

    And your card, as usual, is pretty darn amazing too! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Janie, it sure has been ages since we visited each others blog. Don't have a clue how come I missed this gorgeous golden sparkle one of you. Blogger playing trics and not showing me a complete list???
    Happy Holidays and a super 2013!!!

    xx Irene

    ReplyDelete
  18. Surprise! Just working through my emails and could it be? YES, it's Janie! woohoo! You haven't forgotten... gorgeous coloring and creating Janie! All the best to you and yours! Merry, Merry Christmas! God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW hello my sweet freind, this is beautiful, ooh I do love when you post cos I can come and see you and say hello, the hanglars are gorgeous, arent they, I hope you have a wonderful christmas lovely lady and everything good in the new year, loves ya lots june xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Janie, this is absolutely fantastic. This is one of the prettiest cards I've seen. I ADORE how you colored this little Hanglar and the awesome idea of the piece of snowflake in her hand. This is soooo cute!!!!! Hope to see you if your travels bring you up to Phoenix. Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhh Janie, this is just gorgeous! I love your card design and your coloring is beautiful--you have definitely not lost your touch with the copics! Wishing you and your family Happy Holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just gorgeous Janie, I love your sweet image and wonderful sparkly snowflake, very pretty my friend
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, what a beautiful card! Love that big snowflake! The design paper, your fantastic colored stamp, the snowflake and ribbon + bells, they are a perfect match.
    Oh and before I forget; Happy Newyear and my Best Wishes for 2013! Hope you'll find the time to make more cards.
    Thanks for leaving that lovely comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful card, Janie! Love the cute image and the gorgeous snowflake! Fab work! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card,
    thanks for your nice comment on my blog.
    Hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful creations Janie!
    Thank you for becoming a follower on my blog!
    Lovely regards
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is beautiful Janie. I really like everything about it. I've been looking around your blog since yesterday, and all your creations are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I Janie, I've taken a little trip through your site and you do very lovely(make that beautiful) work. I thank you for following me as it has led me here and I have joined your site as a follower. Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Janie! your cards are just gorgeous! but I see you haven't been blogging for a while so hope you are ok. You stopped by my blog and left me a lovely comment, thank you, and a question about the pearl paper I used to make the flowers. Well, I got mine at a craft show here in the UK about 3 years ago and it has been sat in a box for almost 2 years whilst family issues and moving house were going on. Not much help to you I'm afraid.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Howdy would you mind sharing which blog platform you're working with? I'm going to
    start my own blog soon but I'm having a tough time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something completely unique.
    P.S Apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!


    Also visit my weblog - view it now

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day by leaving a comment ...
Hugs, Janie