Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Because you’re my sister

P1050394

I haven’t posted for awhile as I have been on “vacation” but am ready to get back into the swing of things.

P1050408

After I looked at this it looked a little bare so I added a little more bling !!! That is NOT where I meant to put the butterfly but once I sat him down with glue on him, he wasn’t moving !!!

The Paper Shelter is having a DT call & I’d like to enter with this card & candle I made with a digital image of theirs. I LOVE working with digi stamps & as you can see I have flipped this one so the “girls” are looking at each other. I’ve heard my daughters say this to each other & made me think of them & smile … I’m going to take a few more pictures in better lighting but wanted to get this posted as the DT call ends in a few minutes. Nothing like waiting till the last minute.

I’d like to enter this for the DT at The Paper Shelter

 

 P1050413             P1050414

A few small pearls, a Memory Box Butterfly & Cheery Lynn Corner die I got from Darlene at Dutch Paper Crafts … That lady has the fastest delivery time & great prices …

 P1050399          P1050393 

This is the front & the back of the candle …The one on the left is colored like my daughter, Theresa who is a red head & the one on the right is Bridgette who is a light brown/blond … Not a very good job coloring but I was just playing & the colors really are more bright. Next time I’ll go for brighter !!!

P1050397

Here’s a close-up of this Cheery Lynn Sunflower die & a few leaves from “Build a Flower” … I’m HOOKED on these dies & you will see more flowers as I learn to make them.

Thanks for stopping by for a little peek at what I enjoy doing ..

Hugs, Janie

23 comments:

  1. These are really beautiful. Love the colours and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it made my night to see your post pop up here (it's almost bedtime for me so you timed it perfectly!)
    A super sweet image and such a fab idea to flip the image for the candle, and I love the sentiments!

    Ok, now Janie I will keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed that you are picked for the DT...then you will post more! Tell that gorgeous husband of yours to stop whisking you away!

    Big hugs
    Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card and candle are beautiful.....and you do have DT behind your name. Good luck and I hope you make it....I am going to have to give this set a try...love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This actually looks beautiful, beautiful fresh colours, success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Janie....lovely to see you posting again...and thank you for your kind comments on my blog...
    Your card and Candle are amazing just love your colours and papers and of cours your sweet image.. Love your die cuts especially the flower one its so pretty...what a fabulous gift the candle makes and of course matching card....

    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janie these are gorgeous! And I love how you modeled them after your daughters, great idea! I hope you get on the dt, wish we got to place votes cause mine would go to you! Stay in touch and hope all is good with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well welcome back again Janie, and what a come back. Love what you have done with our TPS image here. Beautifully coloured and great colour choice. Good luck in the DT entry
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad to see you posting. It is always great to see your wonderful creations. I love how bright your colors are and the stamp is so sweet. I like how your candle turned out, very very pretty. You will do great on a DT. I am on only 1 now, was on a few and decided one was good, haha. Are you home now?

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful set. I love the images and those cute sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The green gingham is so pretty with the pink and your sweet girl! LOVE your butterfly, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The green gingham is so pretty with the pink and your sweet girl! LOVE your butterfly, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh girl, this is incredibly beautiful!! WOW! Love the card, love the colors, and love the candle!! Great gift! And good luck with the DT position...I'll vote for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Oh My whar more can I say....the card and candles are absolutely beautiful!!! Of course I love your colors along with the wonderful Sun Flower. The placement of the butterfly is perfect even though you hadn't planned on it being right there. You know I will have to start getting these digi images and using them also. They are really darling...tell me again where you find them....love love everything.
    hugs from your friend, Ruth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well as you can see my fingures did there own thing with the word what!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Janie! I just love this set! Such a gorgeous card...love the papers...one of my all time fave color combos! And...the candle is fabulous!!! I've used this sentiment on things for my sister...totally cracks me up!! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  16. So darling! charming! Sweet! LOVE your card and candles! I love the frame off the top of the card! gorgeous coloring and designing Janie! Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How sweet, I love the candle to match, pretty colour choice too, good luck with the DT Call Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to see you psoting again. Your card and candle are gorgeous. Love how you colored them also. Good luck with the DT call. Great job.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Janie, just wanted to congratulate you on being asked to join us at TPS and I sincerely hope that you enjoy joining my Team, and I hope you will have a happy time with us to. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable Janie! Great color combination and such a sweet set! Terrific card and congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just amazing Janie, Congratulations on your DT place, looking forward to working with you and getting to know you at TPS.
    Hugs Sheryl, fellow newbie (team B)xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Janie! This is a wonderful card and candle. Absolutely adorable in pink and green...two GREAT colors together! Love your coloring, papers and layout along with GREAT embellishments! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  23. ADORABLE!!!!!!! Popping by to congratulate you on making the DT at The Paper Shelter : ) I'm on Team B...
    Have a great week ♥
    Love and blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day by leaving a comment ...
Hugs, Janie