Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Simple Diaper Fold

1st I want to wish the DT girls that are leaving us the very best & am so sorry to see them go. Also want to give the 7 new girls who were chosen to represent TPS a warm welcome & know you’re going to really enjoy being here. It’s a wonderful place to be a part of.
I know you’re expecting a baby card but The Paper Shelter wants us to make a card with many folds & right away I thought of the wonderful Diaper Fold card a sweet lady Irene shared with me quite awhile back … If you join the challenge of a card with many folds this week you have the chance to win a $30 gift to spend at The Paper Shelter if you use one of their wonderful images. If you use another image you can still win but you gift would be 3 digis of your choice from them. Still a great prize cuz they have a lot of really cute stuff …
The only image I had with me to color was a cute little Fair Day digi from TPS… This is the simplest card fold to make … I didn’t even remember to take my embellishments so am trying to throw a little extras on this evening to spruce it up a little. With these darling little images it doesn’t take much.
 P1050810
I even got a little shot of one of my daughter Bridgette’s many quilts. She can make a quilt faster than I can make a card …
P1050806
All you do is fold any size square in half (mine is 9 x 9) then you fold the edges in
P1050815 P1050816
& fold the top down & squeeze the sides just a bit & it makes an instant pouch.
P1050817 P1050819
No glue needed it just folds & stays together wonderfully …
IP1050823
Then you can decorate it or add a few little gift items or candy treats or a gift card poked in there would be so nice for anyone to receive.
P1050824
P1050825
Colored with Copics 
Skin - E000, E01, E93
Hair - E50, E53, E35
Blues - B45, B41, B0000
Balloon - YR000- YR00, YR01
Shirt & Shoes - E35


Thank you for visiting my blog today. Besides my family & friends, it’s what makes me happy & keeps me broke …
Hugs, Janie

17 comments:

  1. Hi Janie, I totally forgot about this fun shape so thanks for the reminder!! Lovely siaper card you made and it is even more simple than mine cause I still used glue/tape to hold it in place...will make one asap!!!

    xx Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janie, oh wow stunning project, I love the folds and your tutorial, your done a brilliant job on the colouring to. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab shape Janie - great idea - can you make a GIANT size one for my copics to fit into lol - love that pretty image hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Janie this is a really neat idea....ideal for popping in a little gift...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun shape, love it.
    Hugs, Yvon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janie this is so neat! I have never seen this fold before and I love the fact you gave us step by step photos. Wonderful job and your daughters quilt looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janie,
    You made me clear out some cobwebs with this fold! I has been over 30 years since I folded a diaper! LOL! Your card is lovely! Your coloring is over the top and love the color choices you made! I have missed our chats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janie once again you did an amazing job.....I had forgotten about this diaper fold so gyess I'd better start trying to do it again. Love this cute little image and as always your coloring is great! Miss you my friend so your posts help to fill that void. As Anne said it would work great for putting a gift card inside...love this idea. hugs, Ruth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janie! What a fabulous treat holder and so cute too! Love it, TFS the instructions! Hope you're well, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janie! What a fab card and great idea with no glue! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's just gorgeous, I love this fold it's so clever and great to pop a few goodies in, nice work my friend
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute fold card love the idea.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh girl!! This is fantastic! What an adorable way to give a gift card, or any little gift! (I might have to try this out). And then this image is perfectly cute and perfectly colored!!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable! Here I was thinking we'd be on the same team, only to ready your post and see you're stepping down as I step into your shoes! Oh great...like that's going to be an impossible task!!!!! Love this fold. It's so pretty and your blog is fabulous!!! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm playing catch up tonight Janie...at long last!
    A diaper fold card? well sure I'd never seen nor heard of this before but it's amazing! It looks easy enough to follow and will be great to fill with little gifts...I'm thinking my nieces will love something like this - they always do love a treat or two!
    A very sweet image and perfectly coloured, love this and thank you for the little tutorial.
    Big hugs to you
    Love Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Janie, your card is beautiful. Love your gorgeous coloring on that sweet image. A great little gift pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Janie This looks fab and thank you for the tutorial :) I most certainly will give it a go :)
    Thanks for your comment on my blog, I'm so glad to be a part of the TPS-team
    Hope you will have a great weekend
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day by leaving a comment ...
Hugs, Janie