Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Only two colors

We are being challenged today at The Paper Shelter to use only two colors to make a card. I’ve chosen the Adorable Cowgirl as my image & colored her with Copics.  I admit it’s a little hard to color an image with so few Copics but there are a LOT of shades of green & yellow so I did my best …
This is a little wood frame that I made & love using to display my cards. Also made the tiny wagon wheel & pot that I drilled holes in so I can add a few dried flowers, wheat or even weeds. One of my favorite things to do is driving around & snipping off decorative weeds growing along the road to use in decorating my house or cards. I love my store bought dies & flowers etc but it’s nice to include a little bit of Mother Nature as well …
P1050972
Now we’d love to see what you can create with just 2 colors & one lucky person will win a generous $30 gift to buy a bunch of these sweet digis if you use a Paper Shelter image. You can still win if you use another image & the prize would be 3 images from TPS.. Link your card to the Paper Shelter Challenge #133
P1050977 P1050978
 P1050980 P1050962 P1050975
I used Flower Soft for the ground & it looks like the little deer ran thru the bushes & has a little coating of “brush” on her. I COULD say I did it on purpose !!!
Here’s a few thumbnail pictures of different parts of my card & if you’d like to see them up close just click on each one.
Card Recipe :
  • Stamps … Paper Shelter Adorable Cowgirl & sentiment – Crazy for Chickens
  • Dies …Fishtail flags, Impression Obsession trees, Cheery Lynn & Impression Obsession grass
  • Barbed Wire fence from Die-namics, Deer is a Marianne die cut out of felt paper
  • Mixed Flower Soft
  • Papers … graphic 45

Thanks for stopping by & I love hearing from you. I read every comment & hold them close to my heart.
Hugs, from Janie

14 comments:

  1. Woweee Janie, I love the way youve displayed your card it really looks Texan, and your colouring is just stunning as is are your papers. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janie this is fantastic. Marvellous card and fabulous stand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Janie this is a great card! I love how you used so many different dies and what a great effect they all gave to this wonderful card! Love your little wooden stand and how you decorated it......great job my friend it's so good to see your creative juices flowing in one card after another!! hugs, Ruth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore your stand! You never cease to amaze me with your talent! And for the card, it looks great. The color green is perfect for her. You're on a roll....can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well howdy Janie! What a cutie she is and she looks fabulous in the little scene you have created for her. Love that barbed wire die Janie. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this card is fabulous! Your diecuts and even your staging for the card are perfect with the cowgirl theme! Your creativity always inspires me to do something different with my stuff, love to visit and see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Janie great cowgirl image....love your card frame it really shows off your card beautifully

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Janie - love the two colour combo and the way you have photographed it is goreous hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janie! I LOVE your little red haired girl coloring! So cute and love the scene you placed her in... so sweet... super cute deer! Perfect presentation - makes a kindred stamper smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Janie, I love your sweet card and the adorable cowgirl image. I think your coloring is perfect. Love the scene you created also. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Love, hope hubby has arrived with all your crafty goodies and we will hopefully see you for the next Challenge as Im already 2 people down from next time, though Lorraine is steeping in for one of them. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ms Janie!! LOVE this card! So many wonderful details and she is adorable! I really love how you've staged your photo as well! Amazingly talented, my friend! Hope you're doing well!!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hellooooo Janie! You did fabulous using just two colors and what a beautiful scene you created here. Love all the elements: the trees, the deer, your flower soft ground with a bit on Mr. Deer! I have always admired this card stand of yours from when you first made this...great woodwork! It's been ages (I will email you!). You surely can just jump right back in and pick up your Copics and color away...I can't LOL! Lovely creation, Janie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Janie thank you for your visit to my blog and your lovely comment. Mum has been back in the Hospital for two weeks and was quite poorly so I have been busy visiting each day. She was discharged back to the nursing home on Friday evening and so I can now relax a bit more and craft.
    Wow I love this card ,and the digi is so cute, I must look out for her. I am so pleased you are back crafting and with your lovely crafty style.Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day by leaving a comment ...
Hugs, Janie