Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Warm in the Winter

This little girl looks like she’s ready for winter all bundled up. She’s a digi image from The Paper Shelter called Warm in the Winter & is so fun to color. The challenge this week is Shabby Chic & if you use one of their digis you could win a $30 prize to choose a bunch of their cute little images. You can use another image for the challenge & if you are picked you could still win 3 digis from them. They have a lot to choose from …

P1050840

I used a little Frantage & should have taken a picture of my craftroom floor cuz that’s where MOST of the stuff went. I LOVE that embossing technique but apparently didn’t have it applied quite right cuz when I put the heat gun under the paper it went flying everywhere. Let’s just say I have a VERY sparkly house … I might have got a little carried away with it but it was a learning experience so I added it to everything & it looks like a glittery snow day …

P1050852

I placed the card on a Joy Craft paper stand & then on a little wooden rack that I built.

P1050848P1050841P1050854

I used velvet paper for the deer & a black marker to color the eye & hooves & they look almost real. (click on the picture to see a close-up) …

Have a great day & hope you find time to be a little “crafty”…

Hugs, Janie

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow Janie, this is truly a work of art, youve really done us proud all those die cuts makes the scene just so life like, its just a stunning result. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Velvet paper huh? Didn't know there was such a thing but I bet those deer are even lovelier up close. This little scene is lovely Janie, sorry about the frontage in the house but it looks great on the card, like a light snowfall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, I absolutely love this precious card!! It's sooo cute. Especially the little girl all bundled up holding her kitty! Reminds me of me and my girls. :) I zoomed in in the deer and you're right. They just come to life! I am so proud of your talent. You amaze me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second everything Theresa said....you are amazing. Love this card the little girl sitting a log is precious and your coloring is outstanding. I love the deer and by using the velvet paper they do look real. Ok now you will have to teach me how to use this embossing powder...my house will more than likely be sparkly too. Love you trees...just everything. hugs, Ruth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABulous card, such a beautiful scene, I love how the deer look so real with the special paper, the frantage gives the most really wintery look and I love those cool trees!! Loved your description of using the frantage good laugh for the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Janie. Love the frantage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous Janie!!!!! Now who's the enabler?!!! lol I want these dies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geesh, you are just a creative little energizer bunny!! I love this!!!! And I completely understand about the frantage, as I have yet to master that technique. Your card looks amazing and your wooden stand is just as incredible...you are rockin' Lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure don't understand mom why I don't get notified when you post.....but irregardless this card is freakin adorable!!! She's such a little cutie and the deer took completely real. Nice job once again. And congrats on becoming a full fledge member of the design team! I couldn't be happier for you or more proud! Love you bunches.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful Janie. Perfect die cuts too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful Janie. Perfect die cuts too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day by leaving a comment ...
Hugs, Janie