Sunday, November 17, 2013

Tilda Under Glass

I’ve made a little project using an old bell I found at a thrift store …
P1060015
 
I think they now call it “Re-purposing” when you take something you might throw away & turn it into something useful. I stamped mini “Tilda as Christmas Angel” & cut her out with a doohickey tag die I got from Diana at Magnolia-licious … Isn’t she just adorable !!! Since the glass bell didn’t have a bottom I found a jar lid that fit perfectly, filled the lid with Flower Soft & put the bell on top of the lid.
 P1060014  P1060013
I slid some pretty gold trimmed ribbon through the sentiment & glued it to the lid.
P1060009 P1060012
Wrapped the same ribbon around the top & tied a bow with bells hanging from it.
I’d like to thank my husband for having the patience to take me to Hobby Lobby & spend so much time there looking & helping me find little bells in gold, silver & red … I was looking for TINY little copper colored bells which we never found but he called me 3 times on my cell phone to say “Janie, come over I found a Bonanza” … They had bells in a dozen different places. Not many men would take the time to do these small things that make a women happy. He’s a keeper. The thrift store he didn’t enjoy so much. He thought it was JUNK I thought it was full of TREASURES !!!
Tilda was colored with Copics
Stamps : Mini Tilda as Christmas Angel, A Joyful Christmas sentiment & the Vintage Doohickey Tag die all from Diana at Magnolia-licious … They offer great prices, fast service & right now are having a fun “Blog Hop” so go check out what her talented design team has made for you .. I’m sure you will find some amazing cards & projects that will inspire you to create something wonderful & make a little trip to the store to check out all the stamps, dies & other great things Diana carries.
Hugs, Janie  

20 comments:

  1. Wowie, you sure did a fabulous job on this project. It's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janie, what a beautiful project, Im so sorry that you are leaving us but understand why, I want to wish you all the best for the future. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Janie, what a wonderful way to repurpose this bell! I would never have known it was mismatched parts, it is gorgeous! and kudos to your husband, he deserves a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's adorable mom! How cute is she?! I love the idea of finding "treasures" and turning them into something like this that are now personal handmade gifts. I love how creative you are and I'm so glad Jay is so patient and helpful with your passion. I love you! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful!! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janie it's not just beautiful it's stunning!!! Love the whole idea......your embellishments are just perfect for this wonderful Christmas ornament. Guess now I will have to start checking out some Thrit stores to see if I can find some treasurers that I can turn into gifts. You are so creative.....wish some of that would rub off on me. Super, super job! hugs, Ruth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally beautiful, sweet pea!!!! Love how you've repurposed the bell and you've decorated it up perfectly for the holidays!! Love everything about it! Awesome as always!!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love this Janie!! Oh you are so clever! How amazing will this look as a table centrepiece at Christmas.
    Totally gorgeous ♥

    Big hugs
    Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wohoo great job on the recycle Janie!! I love the bell and how you make it so beautiful with the sweet little tilda and embellies :) It is nice to have a sweet husband who is interested in what you do isnt it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Janie, I love the bell shape and the snow globe you've created, just beautiful and very clever
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Janie and gorgeous photo too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, this is fantastic!!! Love how you "repurposed" the bell. Tilda looks perfect sitting under glass.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute!!! I loved this beautiful project. Congratulations Janie! Kisses for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable Janie! So so sweet.
    Hugs...Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute Janie, Re-purposing the jar and making it a snow globe is great.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGoodness, this is beautiful, Janie. Been thinking about you and thought I would stop to see what you've been up to and say, "Hello." I love the glass! There are so many wonderful treasures in thrift shops. It's a beautiful shape and lovely Tilda that you put in there. Sending Happy Holiday wishes your way.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  17. CUTE idea!!! Wow you are so creative and clever!!!!! Super adorable!!!
    Yes, you have a keeper, I'm not so sure my hubby could handle the craft store so well haha!!
    Have a wonderful holiday Janie!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty way to reuse and make new something! Love all the gold and the vintage feel to it! Thanks for your sweet words on my blog Janie! I wish you a wonderful & merry Christmas! ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. How creative you are to re purpose the glass so beautifully. The flowersoft snow is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day by leaving a comment ...
Hugs, Janie