Friday, January 10, 2014

Let it Snow with the Cameo

Creating cards is certainly my true love but I have been playing a little with my new Silhouette Cameo & wanted to share my 1st project I made with it. My good friend Ruth Ann & I bought one at the same time & figure it’s more fun if we both had one of these to play with so we can share what we learn with each other. She made some beautiful Christmas bulbs using vinyl that I’m sure she will be posting soon. Can’t wait to see them & try using vinyl myself.

P1060042

This little lantern was sooooo easy to cut out with that great little machine. You can make it any size you want & next time I’ll make it large enough to put a battery candle inside. NEVER use a real candle as we all know paper & fire don’t play well together !!!

P1060043

It cuts & scores everything & all I did was lift it off the paper & fold it & glue the sides & top together. It even cut out the hole in the top & cuts a strip to use for the handle. I used metallic string so I could hang it on a tree … In the 1st bottom picture the only tree nearby was a grapefruit tree & since that wasn’t very Christmassy I dug out the Christmas decoration in the camper to hang mine from.

P1060100P1060114

P1060090P1060113

I cut pieces of Vellum & glued them behind the cut outs so you could see the light shining thru.

Thanks for stopping by … I know it’s been a long dry spell since my last post but hopefully my MOJO has returned with the new year … I’ve missed my blog & missed doing what makes me happy. I told my husband if I got this machine I would actually be SAVING money because I would only have to buy single cuts that I needed. He just smiles cuz he loves me & knows it makes me happy.

Hugs, Janie

23 comments:

  1. Great to see you posting Janie! Love your little lanterns they are fab! I got a Cameo from my DH for my birthday last July they are fabulous aren't they? Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Janie!! How fun for you to have a Cameo, enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janie this is fabulous! I have the smaller machine and don't use it much so maybe your posts will inspire me to get mine out too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! I love the lanterns they are super. So glad to see you posting again and using your Cameo. Now I will have to look at the S Store and check out the lanterns....guess I missed them. These are just great, they'd make a great gift also. It's so good to see you back, now I'm looking forward to your next POST! Hugs always, Ruth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! You are using your SIL!!! You'll love having a cutter, the possibilities are endless. Also, so glad to see you posting again (I actually stopped by last week wondering if I had overlooked a post by you). OK, i'm ready to see more! (oh and the lanterns are great!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these are just fabulous Janie! Great job!!!

    Hugs,
    Kathya

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are SO cute mom I love them. In fact I would love a little care package with a few different ones in teal blue & white for my tree next year. That would really motivate me to decorate! They are so incredibly cute & I love candles. I could put them out around the tables with those flame less candles and then around the skirt of the tree and hanging on the tree. It would be beautiful! So happy to see you back doing what you love. Everyone misses you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janie, its lovely to see you crafting again, hope that things have settled down now, keep in touch. Love your lanterns, and they look so beautiful to.
    Happy New Year to you love. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic little lanterns Janie. Enjoy your Cameo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are posting again. I love these cute lanterns. Enjoy your new Cameo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic Janie!!! These lanterns are beautiful and will make a wonderful display at Christmas, and I guess you can alter the wording and create different ones to use at any time of the year. I think with a Cameo the possibilities are endless!

    Jay smiles because he's thinking 'who's she trying to kid!' He knows it makes you happy and in return that makes him happy..it's a win-win situation.

    Big hugs to you lovely lady.
    Elaine xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous Janie, and congratulations on getting such a great gift!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are gorgeous Janie, nice work
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Janie your so lucky, you'll def. enjoy that!! Love these, pretty! Glad your feeling better! ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Janie!!! How awesome! Can't wait to see what all you make with your new machine! I love these pretty Winter cuts! So cool! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Janie...these are fantastic! I envy you having someone to craft and learn with. I hope you and Ruth have loads of fun and I can't wait to see more of your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Janie, this is so pretty..how lucky you are to have this fun toy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Janie, these are lovely and I need to get my lights out and use them. What an inspiration. Thank you for the sharing how you are using your Silhouette Cameo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Janie, Thanks you for becoming a follower of my blog! I discover your lovely blog with a lot of beautiful créations! I love your little lantern! It's a great idea! Now I am following your blog!
    Hugs, Flo

    ReplyDelete
  20. It was nice to see you visit this morning Janie - thank you for your lovely comments - hope you are well. I love these pretty lanterns / what a great idea hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are gorgeous Janie what fun ideas.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Janie, hope you got the mixer card file, you will love it. It's really easy to make a shape card with a shape once you've sussed it out. You need to copy and paste the shape you want, so there are two. Then flip one vertically. then place one at the top of the mat and one directly below so they overlap a bit. Then select all in edit, then right click & select weld. Hope this makes sense and you have fun making the cards.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day by leaving a comment ...
Hugs, Janie